Are you ready for the Super Bowl? We are! But the one thing that gives us trouble is all of the unhealthy options out there for appetizers. It’s true; we love all of the salty game day foods, the wings, the salsas, the fried food goodness of it all. But it’s nice to have a healthy alternative around. This is where black bean and corn salsa comes in to save the day. And it’s so easy to make!
Black beans have more antioxidants than other types of beans and are rich in iron, making them a great addition to many recipes. They also create a savory contrast against the sweetness in corn. This healthy recipe for black bean and corn salsa is sure to be a hit on game day, no matter which team you root for, so go ahead and dive in!
Black Bean And Corn Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 red onion
- 1/2green onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- lime zest (about Ω a lime)
- 3/4 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Drain and rinse your can of black beans and add to the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Dice your red and green onions. Also add these to your serving bowl.
- Dice your red bell pepper and your jalapeno and add these toyour other ingredients.
- Add your diced tomatoes and corn to the bowl as well.
- Combine your ingredients for the dressing (olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin, salt and cilantro) in a separate bowl. Whisk them together.
- Add your dressing to your vegetables in your serving bowl. Toss all of your ingredients so that the dressing covers all of your salsa.
- Chill your salsa until game time and serve cold.
Recipe adapted fromFarm FlavorWhizzco