Classic BLT Dip
One of our favorite things to eat on the hot summer days growing up was a classic BLT. The juicy, flavorful tomatoes, crispy bacon, and refreshing lettuce, that’s all perfectly accented with tangy, scrumptious mayo? It’s absolutely the perfect combination if you ask us.
Well, we got a craving for a classic BLT the other day, but we decided to switch things up a little… we wanted to see if we could recreate all those delectable flavors in a creamy, satisfying dip — one that would be perfect for a game day snack without the hassle of making a whole bunch of sandwiches. Turns out, the dip was a smashing success! With the same motley crew of ingredients, this dip has everything you’d want in a BLT and a dip — we guarantee that you’ll love it as much as we do!
30min to prepare, serves 8
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (drained, if using canned tomatoes), plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lettuce, finely chopped
- corn chips, garnish
- sliced baguette, toasted, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and cream cheese until combined.
- Mix in bacon, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, tomatoes and onion, and stir together well. Pour mixture into a large baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with more crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes and chopped lettuce, then serve hot, with chips or toasted slices of bread.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker